According to Wikipedia, a custodian is a specialized financial institution responsible for safeguarding a firm’s or individual’s financial assets and is not engaged in “traditional” commercial or consumer/retail banking, such as mortgage or personal lending, branch banking, personal accounts, or automated teller machines.
The additional protection from our custodians certainly augments the already existing high level of service that we provide to our clients. In conjunction with all of the services and guidance that you receive with ViaIV, our custodians offer the following benefits:
- Safeguard assets and securities: stocks, bonds, and commodities;
- Settle purchases and sales and deliveries in/out of securities and currency;
- Obtain information on and income from dividends in the case of stocks/equities and coupons (interest payments, in the case of bonds) and administer related tax withholding documents and foreign tax reclamation;
- Administer voluntary and involuntary corporate actions on securities held such as stock dividends, stock splits, business combinations (mergers), tender offers, bond calls, etc.;
- Maintain currency/cash bank accounts, affect deposits and withdrawals and manage other cash transactions;
- Perform foreign exchange transactions; and
- Often perform additional services for particular clients, such as mutual funds; examples include fund accounting, administration, legal, compliance and tax support services.
Contact us with questions or comments today about our services.